As you approach your third trimester of pregnancy, the excitement and joy of preparing for your little one’s arrival are simply bubbling over! You have been busy decorating your baby’s room with a lovely theme, picking out the most adorable baby outfits, washing them with love, and getting all the nursery essentials ready to create the cosiest and cutest space for your bundle of joy. And, let’s not forget to pack your hospital bag! Here, we share with you a comprehensive list of items for you to pack in your hospital bag.
What documents to pack in your hospital bag?
First of all, you need to do some paperwork! Fill up those necessary forms and gather all the documents needed. Get yourself a folder and neatly organize everything in there. Before labour, just pass it over to your spouse, and he will take care of the rest of the job such as registration for hospital admission and baby’s birth certification. Here are the documents you need to bring:
- Admission Letter from your doctor
- Hospital admission form
- Your birth plan, if any
- Identity cards for Singapore Citizens or PR; Passport for foreigners.
- All your prenatal visit receipts, for a making claim under the MediSave Maternity Package
- Original marriage certificate to register your baby’s birth and name
What to pack in your hospital bag for mom?
To make your time in the hospital while meeting your adorable little one as comfortable as can be, here’s a list of things you might need:
Comfortable clothing and toiletries:
- Cardigan and socks to keep you warm
- Comfortable, loose-fitting going-home clothes
- Nursing bras
- Disposable underwear
- Sanitary pads or disposable period underwear
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Comb and hair tie
- Face wash and skincare products
- Face towel
- Lip balm
After labour, if you feel up to it, you can start breastfeeding in the first hour after birth. Simply let your baby latch on rhythmically, and this works wonders to initiate your milk supply! These are the breastfeeding essentials you need to start your breastfeeding journey comfortably:
- Nursing pillow
- Nipple cream
- Nursing pad
- Breast pump and sterilised baby bottle, in case you need them
- Phone, charger and earphones
- Glasses or contact lenses, if any
- Prescription medications, if any
- Face masks
What to pack in your hospital bag for baby?
Most of the hospitals will provide baby essentials such as diapers, baby wipes and ready-to-feed baby formula. However, it is great to check with the hospital in advance about what will they provide and what you need to bring for your baby. These are the things you need to prepare to bring your baby home from the hospital:
- Newborn long-sleeved outfits (you can prepare 2 sizes to make sure he or she fits well)
- Baby hat
- Swaddle blankets
- Mittens and booties
- Baby towels
A gentle reminder to pack your hospital bag in advance to avoid last-minute panic and keep your bag in a handy place so that you can grab and go! Well, as you reach your 37 weeks of pregnancy, your baby is considered full-term and you could go into labour at any time! We wish you a safe, easy delivery and a healthy baby!
Learn what to expect in your third trimester of pregnancy here.