Is it a boy or a girl? The all-important, all-too-common question every expectant parents will hear all pregnancy long. Similar to a baby shower, a gender reveal party is the best way to share with friends and family, as well as to help expectant parents, discover their baby’s gender surrounded by their most loved family and friends.
While it wasn’t that common 20 to 30 years back, in today’s time with the prevalence of social media and the rise of gender reveal reels on Tik Tok, Facebook and Instagram, the surprise reveal through pink or blue confetti poppers is a must have.
Capturing the reactions of the expectant parents, along with their loved ones, are pivotal, as it marks the start of the journey of preparing for the arrival of a little baby boy, or baby girl into the world. Nursery room color ideas, shopping for baby clothes, accessories, and necessities afterwards are some of the things to look forward to after the big reveal.
With gender reveal parties, you could go big or small. It really depends on your budget. The estimated cost for a gender reveal parties is anywhere from $500 to $2,500.
Here are some considerations to note before you start planning the Gender Reveal Party of your dreams:
- Party Theme – Very, very important!
- Number of guests – Big party, or small intimate gathering?
- Venue – Location is everything! It could really set the scene for the gender reveal.
- Door gifts – This is where the theme will come in handy!
- Party food – Potluck or Catered?
- Party Invitations – E-invites on Social Media are so in right now
- Party Decor – The ideas are endless when you’ve decided on the theme
- Duration of the party – Depending on what would be manageable for the expectant parents. 3-5 hours is the average duration.
- Photography – Engage a photographer, do an event photobooth, or snap your own pics with your phone!
- Games – To liven up the party and keep guests entertained
- Last but not least: The Big Gender Reveal – Choose from party poppers, mystery balloons or a mystery cake! This is where your ideas on Pinterest boards come in handy.
If you are a DIY Queen, you could even cut some budgetary costs on expenses by DIY-ing your own party! From the door gifts, to the invitations, right down to the food and decor.
You can create your own Gender Reveal party by going down to these stores near you to pick up your party décor:
- Party City
- Party Force
- Daiso Singapore
- IKEA Singapore
- Toys ‘R’ Us
If you’re perfectly happy with just a small gathering with family and friends, make it a potluck where everyone can bring a food of their own choice (mommy-friendly of course – that means no raw, uncooked foods – desserts, finger foods, and appetizers are good options. Be sure to check for guests’ dietary preferences too, to avoid food allergies)
When food is out of the way, ideas on how to create gender reveal invitations, party decors, and door gifts are aplenty on Pinterest! Simply search “Gender Reveal Party Ideas/Invitations/Gifts”.
But if you’re not in the mood for any DIY, engaging a party planner should take the pressure off of your shoulders and any party-planning jitters. Just sit back and choose from this list of party planners below:
At the end of the day, no matter the gender, the greatest memory would come from the memories made, the happiness that comes with it, and love all around because you are going to love your new baby all the same, if not more.
Have fun party-planning!
Vidal Balielo Jr.