Tap your screen and enter into a virtual Christmas wonderland this year as Christmas Wonderland reinvents itself in a hybrid mode – both physical and virtual. This is to allow maximum participation in the popular annual event and bring on the festive cheer far and wide!
Visitors can enjoy the full experience of Virtual Christmas Wonderland from the comfort of their homes via the mobile and desktop app or access selected functions via the Members Only area at www.christmaswonderland.sg.
“As organisers of Christmas Wonderland, we felt that it was even more important to continue to celebrate Christmas. We’ve come up with a unique solution which moved the vast variety of the traditional Christmas Wonderland content online, whilst keeping some physical lights at Gardens by the Bay. Fans of Christmas Wonderland now have the best of both worlds, as they can choose to either visit us on site, or experience the magic of wonderland at home. To allow maximum choice, both are ticketed separately,” said Mr. Kevin Soh, Executive Director, Blue Sky Events Pte Ltd.
This is how you can participate in the highly realistic and interactive Virtual Wonderland :
- Step into a virtual winter landscape and have a video call with the man himself at Santa’s Workshop.
- Challenge your friends to a snowball fight at the Snow Playground and try your hand at the game booths at the Jolly Carnival.
- Enjoy festive entertainment at the Tinsel Theatre presented by Lifetime. Admire the stunning lights at the Supertree Grove.
- Shop for unique gifts at the Bells Market or send personalised e-cards to friends and family.
- Solve challenging puzzles with Puzzlemania presented by Lenovo, or help the elves at Santa’s Workshop to pack gifts whilst stopping rogue elves from stealing presents.
- Win cash and fabulous prizes -There is more than S$50,000 in cash and fantastic prizes to be won. All members will be automatically entered in The Great Christmas Wonderland Giveaway weekly and grand draws. In addition, all Puzzlemania participants who have successfully solved the challenges will stand to win up to S$5,000 worth of prizes sponsored by Lenovo.
Membership starts from $8 Comet ($15) and Rudolph ($25) members will also get a limited edition Christmas Wonderland plush bear delivered to their homes for free (within Singapore only). To purchase tickets to Virtual Christmas Wonderland 2020 (now till 31 December), visit www.christmaswonderland.sg.
On-site Walk of Lights at Gardens by the Bay
Complementing the online festivities, visitors can also head down to Gardens by the Bay for the Walk of Lights where a total of eight light installations will illuminate the Supertree Grove. Tickets to the onsite event are priced at S$5 each and are sold separately from the online membership for Virtual Christmas Wonderland 2020. Visitors are required to pre-book a 30-minute session and purchase their tickets up to an hour prior to their visit.