Not everyone is ready for Chinese New Year. Work or family duties might be reasons. Or perhaps you are just not a Marie Kondo disciple. Do not worry though, we have CNY help tips that allow you to breeze through the last week of CNY preparations.
1.Powers Tools To Clean
You don’t need muscles to clean. You just need clever technology that comes in sleek casings to do the work for you. I know they are fairly pricey, that these are great investments that will save you time and money in the long run. Trust me. Your house will be spring cleaned in a jiffy, leaving you with more time to catch up on Netflix.
- Neato Botvac Connected, $999 – Come home to clean floor without having to lift a finger. Let the Neato Botvac Connected do the cleaning, and reporting after. Through the app, you can schedule its cleaning time and get a report of the cleaning time, the cleaning path and even a map your home. Available at neatorobotics.com.sg
- Dyson V8 Fluffy, $1,199 – Have some high and out-of-reach corners to clean. Not a problem with the Dyson V8 Fluffy. The mighty V8 engine sits in the handle of the vacuum cleaner, making maneuvering easy on the wrists. Pet fur, debris and dust stand no chance against the crevice tool which reaches into small nook and crannies. You will you never miss a spot. Plus, its so compact, it can fit nicely into small shoe cabinets, saving space unlike bulky corded vacuum cleaners. Available at Harvey Norman, Courts, Best Denki and selected departmental stores.
2. Hire Outside Help To Spring Clean Your Home
Not everyone likes to clean. If you are one of those, we suggest bringing in the professionals like the following cleaning services. Charging between $120 to $250, your house will be clean in no time. Call them quickly though because Chinese New Year is next week.
- NTUC Domestic Cleaning Service – income.com.sg/domestic
- Helping Singapore – helpling.com.sg/home-cleaning
- Home Cleanz Cleaning & Laundry Services – homecleanz.com
3. New Clothes New Looks
Need a new outfit but have no time to shop? Luckily, online shopping is a natural occurrence to us now. With a click of your mouse and a tap off your fingers, your shopping will be sent to you within a few days. A word of advice, do your online shopping today! You need to include shipping days. We suggest these two sites for your CNY outfits.
Easy Shopping – ZALORA – https://www.zalora.sg/ – has outfits for men and women. Plus, they have an incredible next day delivery and if you can return or exchange your outfits if they do not fit well.
Twinning Looks – grown-ups and their minis are dressed in the similar hues or matching outfits, are rising in popularity like Ksisters (ksisters.sg), The Matchy Array (@thematchyarray), Lovey Dovey Fashion (loveydoveyfashion.com) and Moley Apparels (moleyapparels.com)
4. CNY Goodies and Grocery Shopping
These days, you can order just about anything online. From CNY groceries to CNY goodies; from decorations to floral displays. Order them early to avoid disappointments.
- Supermarkets (NTUC, Giant, Cold Storage)
- CNY Goodies (Bakerzin, Bing Liang)
- Yusheng (click this link to order yusheng)