Work that body! Here’s how to dress to impress for different body shapes
March 17th, 2016
Do you have an hourglass, pear, apple or rectangle body type? Women come in all shapes and sizes and we love them all. So, here are some tips to make YOUR body look smokin’ hot!
No matter what shape you are, there are still some sure-fire ways to compliment your best features. Check out these do’s and don’ts for dressing different body type. Embrace it, girl!
Picture 1 of 5
PEAR BODY SHAPE
Are you a pear?
- Wider hips, butt and thighs
- Waist is well-defined
- Broad shoulders
- Shapely shoulders
- Prominat torso
- Flat stomach
- Draw attention to your upper body with bold colours and big prints
- Highlight your shoulders with wider boat and scoop necklines
- Go for A-line dresses and tulip-skirts that help to create a tight waistline; those banded around the waist are a plus!
- Stick to pants that are straight legged or flared at the bottom to draw attention away from your mid-section
- Avoid cropped tops or hemlines that reach your thighs, they make your legs look wider
- Cigarette-styled pants are a big no-no! They are the least flattering style for your body type, further emphasising the size of your hips and rear
- Stay away from Glitzy pants or jeans with lots of embellishments, gemstones or sequins as these will draw attention to the hips
- Stay away from blunt or square-toed shoes as these will add more weight to the bottom half of your body
Celebrity pears: Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Eva Mendes
On the next page, Hollywood starlet, Reese Witherspoon shows us just how femimine sporty can be...
Join us on Facebook and keep up-to-date with all the latest news and events from Parents World! Share your parenting pics via Instagram @parentsworldsg
Sign up for our e-newsletter today to receive all the latest news and events from Parents World!